Our Wedding: Reception, Dancing & Sunset Portraits


I can't believe that this is my last post full of wedding pictures! I have one wedding post left, and it'll be our wedding video #cuethetears. I also might share the best things we registered for, if you're interested in that.

This final grouping of wedding pictures is of our reception, after the dinner portion of the night. If you missed that one, find it here! Right after dinner, we walked across the way onto the lawn with market lights, vintage furniture from Forage Vintage Rentals, our beautiful cake and then the carriage house where we danced the night away. And boy, did we! Find those pictures towards the bottom.

Our first dances were SO special. Both McCann and I love to dance, and luckily so do our parents!

First Dance song: Never Stop by Safety Suit

Father Daughter Dance: My Little Girl by Tim McGraw



Mother Son Dance: Have I Told You Lately by Rod Stewart




I loved this little table! We put our engagement picture in the middle, surrounded by both our parents' wedding pictures. This was extra important for us to do in remembrance of my husband's father who passed away last January. We set this table up on a beautiful champagne sequin linen from Mrs. Freund & Co

We also had a our vows calligraphed by Jenny of Graceline and framed for the table. Often at weddings, I feel like I can't hear or don't remember the couple's vows, so I thought it'd be fun to have them out for people to see. Finally, we had the COOLEST guest book (I thought!) A blank book from Print Smitten on Etsy with our names on the cover + a polaroid camera + washi tape was a whole lot of fun. I love looking at the pictures and notes in the book!

Gold washi tape from here on etsy.



Being a designer, I was really adament about creating a beautiful seating area outside the carriage house barn where dancing took place. I wanted to do this for those who didn't want to dance, or grandparent's who needed a comfortable spot to sit all night. I even made some "reserved for grandparents" signs to put on the two upholstered sofas. We got our beautiful rentals from Forage Vintage and then I found the adorable pillows, blankets (that weren't needed, because...90 degree day!!) and the white pouf from Lulu & Georgia.

Our BEAUTIFUL cake topper is from one of the most adorable shops on Etsy called Lietofiore.










And now for the dancing! We had the BEST DJ, Jon of Belmont Entertainment totally killed it. There was never not music playing, meaning he mixed the songs together and had people dancing the entire night. The dance floor was always packed! This is my brother and his friend jamming ;)



My husband is a dancing fool ;) He just loves it. And he's really good, too! I've got to keep up!

Me, my mom, dad and McCann + my brother in law dipping my neice in the back. LOVE.


Finally, here are our sunset photos. Some of my absolute favorites!





Photography: Danielle Poff Photography  | Coordination: engaged & inspired | Floral Design: Michelle Lywood | Cake: I Do Wedding Cakes   | Hair + Makeup: Lindsay Dabalos| Calligraphy: Graceline Art | DJ: Belmont Entertainment | Groomsmen's Attire: Men's Wearhouse | Venue: Holman Ranch | Blankets + Pillows: Lulu & Georgia | Bridal Jewelry: Haute Bride | Cake Topper: Lietofiore | Furniture + Rentals: Forage Vintage Rental Co | Guest Book Table Sequin Linen: Mrs. Freund & Co. | Illustration: Graceline Art  | Cake Table Linen: La Tavola Fine Linen Rental | Ribbon: Adorn Company

Advice for brides: Once the day has arrived, just rest. Know that you’ve done everything you can to plan your beautiful celebration of marriage. Relax and let the professionals (and your bridal party!) take it from there. The only thing that truly matters is the fact that you are getting married! So celebrate that, take time during the day to take deep breaths and take it all in. I did lots of “this is my wedding day!”while just looking around the reception taking in the joy and beauty.

My BEST practical advice for your wedding: hire a planner or coordinator. Just do it! It makes your life SO much easier. Our wedding flowed so well because of Allison & Audrey of Engaged & Inspired. Also, find an amazing photographer and videographer. These are the only tangible memories of your day, so be sure you love the work & personality (this is huge-- you're with them all day!) of whomever you choose.

That's it! Thanks for following along with our wedding journey for the past year :)

Past Wedding Posts:
Dinner Reception & Details
Ceremony & Bride and Groom Portraits
Our First Look
Getting Ready & Bridal Party Portraits

If you want more wedding inspiration while wedding planning, check out my "our wedding" thread here.

Happy December 1st!
xoxo
Photobucket

4 comments

  1. I absolutely love the Polaroid idea!! Did y'all rent a camera from somewhere or purchase it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. So Beautiful!!! I especially loved the shot of the kids watching you cut the cake!! 😊

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! If you have a specific question, please email me at hello@michaelanoelledesigns.com. I always reply to emails! Have a blessed day! xoxo

Back to Top